Sunday, December 18, 2011

Just because its a VIP party doesn't mean it'll be good.

So much happens in a single week. I don't think I ever really realize this until I go to write a new post.
Last Sunday evening, as I was getting ready to go to bed, my roommate knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to go bowling and play laser tag with some of his coworkers... his military coworkers. Something about laser tag with military guys just seems unfair from the start. As soon as I told my roommate that bowling and laser tag sounded fun, he moaned and exclaimed that he was hoping I would give him a good excuse not to go. I usually don't want to do much of anything with my roommate too often, but hey, bowling and laser tag with some military guys sounded like fun, so I convinced him to go. Everyone put away nearly a full pitcher of beer, except my roommate, who had 2 glasses. At the end of the night, my roommate actually admitted to having a good time -- usually everything he does is awful and not fun at all, or he doesn't like the people he is with -- so, getting him to admit that the guys we were with weren't bad and that he enjoyed himself was a rare occurrence. Since that night, I don't know that I've seen my roommate much at all.
I woke up Thursday morning to a text from Calvin that he had sent around 2am when he apparently found one of my missing earrings. I knew they had to be there! I still haven't been given this earring, nor has he found the other.
Thursdays have been deemed "Thrift-store Thursdays". Thrift-stores in Denver are just excellent! The theme for the night was thrift-store formal. Oh, and as hideous as possible, of course! I was looking quite classy in a teal lace dress with some exquisite sequence details around the neck and bust of the dress, paired with a fabulous navy blue, glitter covered cardigan. The best dress of the night, however, looked like someone took a table cloth and sewed it into a moo-moo. It had some very nice hand embroidered parrots accompanied by some flowers on the front of it. All of our outfits were so wonderful that we made a random friend at the bar. His name was Allan and he was quite intoxicated, but he said he just had to know what we were doing. The night left us with some memorable quotes -- from Allan:: "It's not you, it's the dress", "We traded tables. We're doing a bar exchange program", "I'm homeless, by that I mean I'm not"
The next night resulted in making things more complicated with Calvin... I guess. I have to admit, it is very awkward when you're cuddling with someone with whom nothing has been clarified as to exactly what WE are, while the comedian on tv is doing a bit on relationships, just covering all ends of the spectrum. It especially gets awkward when Calvin suddenly squeezes my hang tighter during this. We'll venture down that road when its necessary. It is almost frightening to me how comfortable I am with him though. But, he will be moving soon, so how far can this really go, right? Lets not forget that he models and is moving to LA to do more of that. As I am most definitely not on par with models, I'm not expecting anything lasting.
Last night was a friend's birthday, so after closing at work, I went downtown to meet up with everyone at a club called "Jet". Its a fairly upscale club, and by that I mean you won't be let in if you don't meet the standards of dress. Along with being semi-upscale, the drinks were pricey. Fortunately, one of my friends was in an auction with one of the bartenders, so at least a few of us were getting drinks for half-price. Immediately after getting there we noticed that on the downstairs floor there was a VIP party. Of course, one of my friends decided his goal for the night was to get let in. At the top of the stairs was a bouncer with a guest-list who exclaimed that for $30 he would consider letting us in. After a few shots of patron (provided by a friend of a friend's friend... yeah...) the guy determined to get into the VIP party told one of the bouncers that he plays for the Denver Broncos and was pissed that they weren't letting us in -- his argument was much more hostile than that -- Apparently being 6'6" and rather built makes you a convincing/intimidating football player because it got us in. The night was actually pretty great until we got into the VIP party. It got pretty sketchy pretty quickly. It looked as if the theme for the party was trashy santa. Most of the girls were wearing santa themed lingerer. Someone claimed it was a swingers' party... Nothing really made it clear whether this was true or not though. It was around this point that a couple of the guys turned pretty douchey and I quickly... VERY QUICKLY decided I needed to leave. After about a half hour I was finally able to get someone to give me a ride. Lets just say it turned out to be a pretty terrible end to the night, and I'm going to leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment