Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Its funny how moving away can change relationships in drastic ways. Its also funny how some guys seem to think that now that I'm gone, they can be more honest with me and tell me how they really feel... I still haven't figured out what they expect to result, seeing as I am 1,000 miles away with no intentions of moving back.
Shortly before moving here, I met a guy back home, Tim. We hung out a few times, and I suspected that he liked me, but it never came out. Since moving here, he has asked if he can move out here and live with me a few times, I get random texts from him going on about how much he misses me and wishes we had spent more time together, and well, the texts seem to continue to escalate.
The last time Tim told me that he keeps thinking about packing up and moving out here I semi-bluntly told him not to, which I thought helped the situation. Hadn't heard from him for a couple weeks. Then, the other night, I was woken up by a text at 2am... honestly, of all times to text someone you like, why, WHY do you think waking me up in the middle of the night is a good idea? While the texts are getting quite flattering, I can't help but wonder how long this is going to go on. I mean, how many times do I have to reject someone for him to give up.
On the subject of changing relationships, Calvin (the coworker rumored to be sleeping with me) and I just got more honest with each other. We worked together yesterday morning, and as usual, we were giving each other a hard time, which probably just looks like we flirt non-stop to our other coworkers... I guess we really do though. This particular day, Calvin was extra huggy, cuddley and touchy all through our shift. The most entertaining part was when one of our coworkers kept getting uncomfortable around us and he would just rush away saying "ohhh, this is uncomfortable, I'm just going to leave you two alone" which happened a few times. Later last night, Calvin and I were talking/arguing (in fun) on facebook, until he asked me to come over to his place... and to be right to the point, he asked me to come over specifically to cuddle. After some convincing, I did. And after sharing a bottle of whiskey, one thing led to another, and well, he and I are a lot closer now. Somewhere in the night, he admitted that he was pretty sure we both saw this coming for a while and that there has been sexual tension between us ever since we I moved here. I have to admit, I did see it coming for a while. I had to be to work at 4:30 this morning, so after about an hour and a half of sleep, I went straight from Calvin's house to work, realizing I was still slightly intoxicated, which finally went away around 7am. To top it all off, I was working directly with my manager today. I think I held myself very well, all things considered. The only uncomfortable part of the day was when Calvin's mom stopped by my work and all I couldn't help by think to myself --oh, I was just at your house... sleeping with your son-- hopefully she didn't realize I was there.
As for now, we're still just really REALLY good friends. Considering that there is a possibility that he will be moving to LA in January for work, its hard to say where things will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment