Tuesday, March 27, 2012

After showing up to work 2 hours late, I was anticipating my manager immediately firing me. When I saw her the next day, she actually was very understanding. She did write me up, but she said it happens and asked if I was alright. Needless to say, I was quite surprised.

That morning, I had an interview at an office downtown. I had an hour long interview with two different people. It went really well. So well, in fact, that they called me two days later to offer me the job, which I accepted! Therefore, come Monday, I gave my manager my 2-weeks notice that I was leaving! Couldn't be happier!! No more 4:30am shifts, no more working on weekends, no more working til 8:45pm, no more dress-code, no more customers who believe I am the spawn of satan, no more worrying about keeping tattoos covered! I have never been so happy to tell someone that I was quitting!

That weekend, I ended up at my neighbors house, watching some zombie shoe. Walking Dead. It's a good show, but so absurdly gory! Somehow, after the three of us went through two bottles of wine, guinness-floats, baileys-floats, and smoking a lot of hookah, I ended up falling asleep around 3am on their couch. Fortunately I only dozed off and woke right back up, decided I should head home. Since then, my neighbor has been texting me quite a bit and using winky faces and whatnot. He's great, I'm just not interested. I don't know, it just isn't there for me.

Sunday, I went hiking with a couple good friends. We started off with intentions of only hiking a couple miles. We ended up summiting a mountain and hiking over 10 miles. It was a great hike, and I learned a bit more about these friends in the process. We were discussing spiritual beliefs, which lead to spirit animal, which lead to drugs. Somehow in the end we were talking about how we'd like to try shrooms sometime, ideally while camping out in the woods. Saying that though, none of us are really sure if we actually ever well, its just a curiosity. After the hike, we went into town to get some dinner.
Shortly after sitting down for dinner, a man alone at the table next to us started talking to us... and wouldn't stop talking. Eventually, one of my friends told him he could join us if he'd like. He was quite obviously incredibly lonely. So, he joined us for dinner, controlling the conversation the entire time. Honestly, he wasn't even entertaining. It just made me feel bad for the guy.

On Monday, I stopped into my coffee shop and ended up talking to one of the guys there. Not my crush, but another guy who has always been rather chatty with me. He asked me how my job was and I was, of course, thrilled to tell him that I had just given my notice! While discussing how great it is and after mentioning that I won't have to work weekends anymore and that I can do stuff with friends now, his response was "you can go to brunch!" I laughed and agreed, then he told me about a brunch place that he goes to every weekend, which he believes serves the best brunch in Denver. This was followed with an invite... I was kind of caught off guard and said that maybe I will sometime.

Have I mentioned how excited I am every time I get to tell someone that I quit my job? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment